This book is a very well written manual to either jump start a newbie or home the skill of a seasoned optician. This book does just that. I have all of my new employees read this book during their first 3 months on the job.I don't think ...
Optician Training Just Got A Whole Lot Easier
Say goodbye to wondering if
your training will be clinically
Save days, or even weeks,
creating your own training
Welcome to a more efficient way to
pursue your or your staff's training
- Provide a turn-key, easy to implement, training system for your office.
- Provide concise and heavily illustrated training on clinically relevant optics and ocular anatomy.
- Teach the best frame and lens options for each of your patients needs.
- Explain which lens options complement each other, and which ones don’t.
- Help you to analyze each part of a pair of glasses.
- Illustrate proper fitting and measurement for each type of lens.
- Clinical relevancy and understanding interrelationships is primary objective.
- Extensive training on improving patient perception of quality and service.
- Forms for copying and using immediately to improve quality and patient care.
- Increase profitability with sales and customer service training
HERE’S WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR OPTIQUICK RAPID TRAINING SYSTEM…
In this chapter we’ll be putting together several foundational principles that’ll maximize what you can get out of the following chapters. In it we’ll go over…
- Parts of the eye so that you understand what the doctor is talking about
- HOW lenses do the things they do to help a person to see
- Types of lenses available and WHY a person may need each type
- Which refractive error causes which symptoms
- ABC’s of reading the parts of a prescription
For this chapter, we’ll be creating rock-solid skills in how to measure each part of a pair of glasses. This chapter’s training will cover…
- Lensometry with the use of picture-in-picture training video so that you can see the drum movements and what is seen through the eyepiece simultaneously
- Finding the optical center of a lens and why this is important
- Measuring base curves and detecting warpage
- Understanding the often misunderstood 3 types of prism measurement. (Yes, there are three types) and WHY this is so important to grasp.
- Understand frame materials pros and cons and how the wrong material can make for a very unhappy patient
- How to choose the right frame for the patient’s prescription and how this can keep you from getting those phone calls from the lab telling you that you need to have the patient come back in to pick a new frame.
- The 7 face shapes and the best frame shape for each one
- Hearing aids, oxygen tubes, and kids oh my! How to get a great fit for special populations (and a very unique frame made just for oxygen users you may not even know exists, but will make YOU that patient’s best friend for life!)
- How to create the perfect lens and frame pairing
- Why adjusting the frame at the time of ordering is crucially important to a successful fit (at time of dispense it is too late!)
- The 4 ways to measure a near PD, and why choosing the wrong one may be a disaster
- The adjustment tools and how to use each one
- The 3 often forgotten adjustments and why they are so important (Pantoscopic tilt, faceform, and vertex)
- Getting the bifocal, trifocal, and progressive seg height correct
- When the best time is to use tints, mirrors, polarization, or photochromatics
- How to minimize aberrations on higher index materials
- What option must ALWAYS be paired with an aspheric lens
- How to create the ultimate in a thin and light weight lens
- The TRUTH about high index materials (and why sometimes going with a higher index lens will actually make it heavier)
- Step by step process for training your patient on application and removal of both soft and RGP lenses.
- What is a Greenie and the only time EVER use one on a contact lens
- Proper care and handling of soft and RGP lenses.
- Discover the best source of information on contact lens parameters and how to order them
- What are cataracts and when do they get treated?
- What can you expect to hear from a patient with macular degeneration
- When does a patient complaint ALWAYS require an appointment be made with a doctor?
- Why is your glaucoma patient using all those drops?
- And more!
- What is Anisometropia and what three effects from this condition MUST be addressed when ordering glasses?
- Why the Prentice Rule is (almost) the only equation you will ever need to know
- Impress your prescribing doctor by catching what he may have missed
- A shortcut to determine if Slab-off is needed when the axis is oblique (don’t have any clue what was just said? Don’t worry, you will be a PRO at this stuff by the end of this chapter)
- Discover when making vision more clear doesn’t always make things better for the patient
- When does an unhappy patient become more loyal than if they had never been unhappy? How you can COMPLETELY guarantee this outcome
- The best time to drop the price bomb on the patient
- INCREASE your average dollar sale 20% OR MORE by knowing the difference between top-down verses bottom-up discussions
- Gives you a blueprint for troubleshooting problems and finding the source of the patient’s difficulties. Cut the number of patients you send back to the doctor for rechecks in half, SAVES the doctor chair time and you look like a hero
- How to diffuse the dissatisfied patient
- Gives you a dispensing checklist to insure the glasses you ordered pass a quality inspection and deserve to be dispensed to the patient
- A SINGLE word you can use to increase your average dollar sale and second pairs by 50% (without sounding like a salesperson)
- When is hearing the phone ring NOT a good sign? Get the exact step-by-step blueprint to insure it does not ring for these wrong reasons
- How to increase your communication skills for more profits, happier patients, and much more
- What is the single most important thing you can do to excel in your optical career?
"There is many a doctor out there looking for a way to augment his/her office assistant's knowledge regarding the challenges of an optician in today's ECP's office. And your publication is a nice step in helping them to attain it."
T.T. Tyler Thompson, Publisher "Tyler's Quarterly"
"The Optician Training Manual is truly a concise training system containing a wealth of information. It provides the subject matter in an easy to understand and interesting format.Without a doubt it should be of use not only to opticians, but also to optometrists and ophthalmologists who need to train opticians."
Optometry Today book review, March 2011
Designed for either group or individual study with end of chapter assessment questions. Unlike other optician training programs, take a look around, see something missing? NO ADVERTISING.We don't promote a product based on trying to make a sponsor happy, never have and never will. Why? Because we believe in providing you with training that is free from commercial bias. That leaves no room for corporate sponsors or influence, period. This system will have new opticians trained and on the floor as quickly as possible and will feel comfortable in that role. Seasoned opticians will improve their decision making skills, taking them to the next level in providing exceptional eyeglasses and service.
This course was specifically developed to teach clinically relevant skills and solve problems rapidly.
- Having difficulties measuring prism on the lensometer? Chapter 2 shows you how to make this worry a thing of the past.
- Want to learn how to give your light sensitive patients a lens that reduces light transmission more than the darkest tint alone? Chapter 5 shows you a simple, but unknown to 98% of opticians, way to help these patients dramatically.
- Looking to improve your patient satisfaction? Chapter 9 gives you over a DOZEN you can use TODAY.
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
If for any reason you do not feel you achieve a 10-fold return on your investment in this system, simply return the book to us for a full 100% refund. 1 FULL YEAR to try it out!